TERMS & CONDITIONS
- FUNKT (hereby referred as “We”) is a subsidiary unit of the company UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY. The terms and conditions here on stated are the official terms and conditions of FUNKT and will be applicable to UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY as well and take precedent on any other terms and conditions which may be found in briefs in the event of disputes.
- These terms and conditions of use apply to the FUNKT website and all other documents adhering to the FUNKT / UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED Company.
- By using this site, you agree to the terms and conditions of the website, if you don’t agree don’t use this website. You agree that you will use the website and all of its content in a way that it coincides with terms and conditions of the website. The site and any content of the site may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior permission.
- We reserve the rights to change these conditions at any time without prior notice. It will be your responsibility to check these terms and conditions for any changes that have been made to the website.
- We are not responsible for any communications between users of the site and third parties. This also includes designers whose work is published on the site.
- You grant us the permission to share submitted work with third parties, which may include but is not limited to: potential employers, other blogs, websites and social media platforms.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site. You may not attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site.
- FUNKT is not responsible for the written or graphic content that is associated with our journal posts. Designers, authors or creators of any kind will be cited within their published works and retain responsibility that this work is their own and in no way conflicts with the copyright of another individual or organization. It is the responsibility of the original creator or author to verify prior to submission that all submitted work is either original content belonging to the creator or author. By submitting work in any way to FUNKT the individual or team accepts full responsibility for the text, images, video footage and any other form of media that is provided.
- All registered trademark logos, symbols are owned and are protected property of their respective owners.
- We may collect information about you for registration purpose through our website in the form of data entered by you or through the cookies stored locally on your computer. All the information that we may collect through our website (submission, registration, online data files, web cookies or through other means) will not be used in a way to disturb user privacy. Any personal or team information used in this competition will be for administration purposes or for the development of our other sister websites. All the data submitted by users on FUNKT is, therefore, will be available to be; published, edited, used to build any forum by UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED and used in any way We see fits best.
- Personal information collected upon registration will include the data given in the Participants registration form and will be used for any future competition, activities or product launched by us. We may monitor the site behavior, traffic, data and usage from time to time for better serviceability of the product itself.
- We will keep and use your personal data in accordance with the local laws and regulation described by the high court of Delhi NCT. Your data will remain safe with us and the ownership of which will not be sold to any third party. In case the company UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED dilutes/merges with another company. The data for the same will be transferred, however, a notification email for the same will be sent to all the registered users.
- By entering the Competition all entrants grant to the organizer an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free license (but not the obligation) to use his/her submission as follows: publicly display by any means and in any media now and hereafter known, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, archive and distribute in relation to Competitions and Publicity purposes without any further notice or remuneration to the entrant.
- Any user or team that wishes to unsubscribe from emails or future information can do so at any time. To unsubscribe please contact us at FUNKT@uni.xyz (email subject “unregister”) including all registered email addresses. Users may also request available details related to personal information be erased. Users may also unsubscribe from specific emails by informing us via email. Unregistering from a competition will exclude publication of team submissions and details, no refund will be returned in any such case.
SECURITY POLICY AND METHODS OF PAYMENTS
- FUNKT understands the need of security of your personal details/details related to the transaction that you enter on our website and that’s why all the sensitive data related to your transaction/card is collected and processed through a secured system from one of our partner’s payment gateway. While entering all the data related to card/ banking account please check the green lock sign on the browse.
- Our payment gateway providers are PayPal and Instamojo. Users can try entering any transaction related information through any of these gateways only. All the credit/debit cards are supported on our platform. Kindly enter the same email address/billing address through which you will be registering for the competition failing which our system might not be able to recognize the payments and a manual verification for the same might be required.
- Any applicable taxes on the entrance fees will be displayed on the payment portal before the payment happens.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your payment within 24 hours please contact us at FUNKT@uni.xyz with all your payment/registration details.
- You accept to completely indemnify FUNKT and its members and officers from and against all legal claims, liabilities, damages, losses, or any costs and expenses and any legal fees that arise out of the use of this Site or from participation in a competition.
- The competition/events/MEETions/project/publication/presentation are open to anyone who is at least 18-year-old on the date of registration. Our registration window will not ask for the validation of age. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to check the terms and conditions and enter into the participation. Anyone who is less than 18 years old may still participate in the competition but in order to enter into the competition, they need to participate in a team whose leader/at least one member is 18 year or elder.
- Employees of FUNKT/UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED/Jury member/Curator/organizing panel or anyone who is in direct/close relation to these are barred from receiving the prize money, however, they can enter into the competition to project and compete with other ideas. Such entries if found are worthy then will be displayed on a separate panel but no prize money will be given to such entries.
- People from any nationality can participate in the competition and events that are/will be held by UNIEGIS NETWORK PRIVATE LIMITED.
- All the submissions will be made through our submission portal only adhering to the submission guidelines failing which their entries can be canceled.
- A maximum of 4 people can participate as a team in the submission of the entries.
- Submission is expected in four DIN – A3 presentation boards in digital format. (Jpeg – PDF). Hand rendered as well as the use of digital mediums is allowed.
- Any additional material can be sent through a genuine file sharing platform e.g. Dropbox/Google drive or can be sent physically in the form of DVD ROM/Physical Model. For such submissions inform us through email in advance.
- Our submission portal will be closed on the given deadline and no entries will be accepted thereafter.
- The submission format will follow the obligatory submission guidelines given in the brief.
OWNER AND COPYRIGHT
- The copyright and ownership of the project will always remain with the author. In case a reproduced content is submitted, the user will have to take the consent of the actual author of the project, in such cases the user will be responsible for any discrepancies or the legal issues that may occur during the competition.
- The entries submitted by the author will, however, be the owned by the FUNKT as well and we will have the right to distribute/publish/populate data at any place which we see fits best without any notification to the participants.
- Participants will be completely responsible for protecting the intellectual property of any submission to FUNKT events and competitions.
- Submissions which do not comply with the submission guidelines/Eligibility criteria/terms and conditions of the website can be barred from participating in the competition without any prior notice. Any mark of identification on the submission will also result in the disqualification of the entries. Any submission received after the given deadline will be automatically disqualified.
- There will be no tolerance to plagiarism. Unless otherwise stated through the use of image or text credit, the submissions must be original work of the participant. In submitting the entries, participants automatically agree that the work they have submitted is their work and their work alone unless otherwise credited and cited clearly and fully.
- Any entry which is found guilty of plagiarism will be disqualified immediately, reported, and banned from entering any future competitions/ events/ MEETions/ publications/ projects or events hosted by FUNKT and its partners.
WITHDRAWAL OF COMPETITION
- FUNKT reserves the right to withdraw the competition without any prior notice to the participants. In such a case registration fee will be refunded to the participants.
- In the case where the participant wishes to cancel/withdraw his participation from the competition, participants can write us a mail and inform for the same. No refund for the registration fee will be given in such a case. Exceptional circumstances if any can be explained to Team FUNKT in writing along with the proof, We will consider these circumstances at our own discretion.
JUROR’S DECISION/SELECTION OF THE WINNER
- The decision of the Judges Panel is final, no appeals will be entertained and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- If the selected winning Entrant cannot accept, receive or becomes ineligible for the prize for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the next highest ranking. Submission of the remaining entries that meet the winning criteria.
- Unless stated otherwise Organizers association with the Competition judges is not legally binding and does not imply any contract or partnership.
PUBLICATION & PROMOTIONS
- Publications advertised in the Competition Brief are not binding to the Organizer. The Organizer shall make an effort to follow the announced Publication schedule, but cannot be held responsible for Publishers' decisions.
- Upon request, Entrants agree to participate in Promotional activities and Publicity arrangements with respect to the Competition. The Organizer is authorized to use all statements made by the Entrant in connection with the Competition without additional approval.
- Organizer reserves the right to run promotions on the Website, as well as to discontinue any of its promotions at any time.
- By entering the competition, the Entrant acknowledges and accepts that all aspects of any Submission - including but not limited to narratives, descriptions, details, images, illustrations, and animations - may be used by the Organizer for publicity purposes.
INTEGRITY TO THE COMPETITION
- To ensure Entrant anonymity and to protect the integrity of the Competition, upon registering with FUNKT each Entrant will upload their entries on a secured portal. The entry will be displayed anonymously to the jurors. However all information collected regarding the Entrant will be stored under their user name on UNI and can be accessed at any time .
- All Submissions shall be devoid of any marks, logos, symbols, or signs that may identify its authority or source. Any infringement of these rules will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The judging panel will be made aware of an Entrant's’ identity only after the winners have been selected.
- The prize is announced in the Competition Brief for each place separately.
- FUNKT will endeavor to send prizes within 30 working days after the Competition result announcement.
- All transaction charges are recouped from the prize fund.
- Any taxes applicable as per the country of origin will be deducted from the overall prize money. Participants/winner traveling to the FUNKT MEET event will have to arrange the VISA at their own cost.
- The travel arrangement (for one person only) for the winning entry and the ticket to FUNKT MEET will be borne by FUNKT. However, the accommodation for the FUNKT MEET event will have to be managed by the participants. In case of a group participation, only one participant will receive the travel ticket from FUNKT rest of the participants will receive the ticket to FUNKT MEET, the travel cost will have to be borne by the participants only.
REGISTRATION FEE AND ASSOCIATED COST
- Entrant must submit the Registration Fee (“Registration Fee”) at the time of Registration for the Competition.
- All costs and disbursements incurred by an Entrant in preparing a Submission are the sole responsibility of the Entrant. Registration fee is non-refundable except in the case when the Competition is suspended.
- By entering the Competition all Entrants grant to the Organizer an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free license (but not the obligation) to use his/her Submission as follows: publicly display by any means and in any media now and hereafter known, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, archive and distribute in relation to Competitions and Publicity purposes without any further notice or remuneration to the Entrant.
- All content that may go online at any point of time on a social forum/network. The author will be notified for the same to specify/choose the creative commons licensing of it.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- FUNKT the site, its content and any competitions are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. All information provided on the site is subject to change without notice. FUNKT cannot ensure that any files or other data you download from the site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features. FUNKT disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in relation to the site, competition or content of the site including any warranties of accuracy, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. FUNKT disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions, and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. Your sole remedy against FUNKT for dissatisfaction with the site or any content is to stop using the site or any such content.
- FUNKT disclaim any and all warranties or association of any kind (expressed or implied) in relation to the competitions/events/MEETions/publications/projects or products or services on this site.
- By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Organizer and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses, and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) arising out of their participation, Entrants participation, Submission or any Competition-related activities.
- By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to release, discharge, and indemnify the Organizer and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) brought by any third party against the Organizer due to or arising out of the Entrant's Submission, Organizer’s use of Entrant's Submission or Entrant's participation in competition, including claims for copyright and trademark infringement.
- By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action between Entrant and Organizer arising out of or connected with a Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of legal action or class action. In case of the legal action or a claim, brought by the Entrant against the Organizer or its agents the Entrant shall pay FUNKT or its agent’s attorneys’ fees and legal costs arising from the claim should it fail.
- The Entrant reserves an equal right to publish, reproduce and use his/her work (Submission) without limitation.
- The Entrant acknowledges that the Entrant shall be solely and fully responsible for applying for, filing and/or obtaining a patent in relation to the Entrant’s work/design/product with any relevant official, international, governmental or jurisdictional body.
- If the Entrant’s work/design/product is selected for fabrication/manufacture, it will grant permission to FUNKT to use the Entrant’s work/design/product intellectual property (e.g. copyright, design right, trade mark or patent).
- After selection of the Entrant’s work, a license agreement will be produced between the Entrant, FUNKT and/or a third party regarding use of designs, products, surface/ textile patterns, software, illustrations, and/or photographs in return for commissions/royalties/advance against royalties.
- Details of commissions/royalties/advance against royalties shall depend on the finalization of the right to manufacture, market and sell the design/product.